How much do the Strudels weigh?
Each strudel weighs approximately 1.1 kg / 2.3 lb and are lovingly made by hand.
What preservatives do you use in Oma's Strudels?
We use exclusively natural ingredients with no artifical chemicals or preservatives of any kind.
Are there any potential health benefits to Walnuts or Poppy Seeds?
Absolutely! Poppy seeds and Walnuts have numerous documented health and wellness benefits that can be gleened by eating them regularily.
Some of the known health benefits of Poppy Seeds are:
1. Poppy seeds are effective in quenching thirst, fever, inflammation, constipation and irritation of the abdomen
2. Poppy seeds are one of the necessary ingredients in many cooling medicines.
3. Poppy seeds act as a supply of your daily dose of minerals like iodine, manganese, zinc, magnesium and copper.
4. The oil from poppy seeds plant is useful in treating carcinoma as it contains monounsaturated fatty acids.
5. Poppy seeds add flavour and texture to breads, cookies, muffins, cakes and other foods.
6. As an Ayurvedic medicine, these seeds are sometimes grounded into a paste with milk to form a skin-renewing moisturizer.
7. Poppy seeds contain Linoleic acid that is beneficial in preventing heart disorders and abdomen conditions.
8. These seeds have a decent supply of fatty acids that are needed for the body’s physiological state. They are found to be rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
9. Poppy seeds relatively contain lower quantity of alkaloids and are used in the treatment of various nerve disorders.
Some of the known Health Benefits of Walnuts are:
1. Cancer-Fighting Properties
2. Heart Health
3. Rare and Powerful Antioxidants 4. Weight Control
5. Improved Reproductive Health in Men
6. Brain Health
Which courier do you ship with?
We use Loomis Courier Express. if able we will often hand deliver ourselves. Either way, Oma's Strudels are guaranteed to be delivered fresh.
What is the price per strudel?
The cost of a full roll (Two Halves) of Poppy Seed Strudel is 17.00 CAD and Walnut is 19.00 CAD
How much is shipping cost?
Our current shipping rate 6.00
Note: prices and shipping may be changed without notice.
Do you have any type of sales guarantee or refund policy?
We whole-heartedly believe in our product quality and in customer satisfaction. Our strudels are created FRESH 3 times every single week. Obviously we can't guarantee your specific sales numbers as we have no control over your store placement or retail pricing. However we do guarantee Oma's Strudels will remain in good condition for 3 weeks if you follow our simple instructions and best practices guidelines.
Why refrigerate the strudels?
Our best practices guide for freshness requires that after receiving your Oma's Strudel you will need to keep it refrigerated for freshness and to avoid any potential for mold. Your strudel can be kept in the fridge for up to 30 days. Oma's Strudels also easily freeze well if you need to store it for more than a month.
What are your payment options?
For retailers we offer: Receipt of Goods (ROG), E-Transfer, or PayPal. For Net 15 or Net 30 a small credit app is required.
Are there any sales or other taxes?
As Oma's Strudels are a food item NO sales tax or GST is charged of any kind!
Are there any allergen warnings for the Poppy Seed Strudel?
We have a facility where we regularily use walnuts, so all of our products come with a potential allergen alert for nuts.
What is the minimum order size?
For our retail customers there is a 10 roll minimum order size. Feel free to mix and match Poppy Seed or Walnut!
Do you offer any other strudel flavors?
We will be launching our Cherry + Poppy Mix in 2016. Check back often as we plan to add other delicious flavors down the road as well!
Do you make custom / special flavor requests?
Absolutely! We can make special and customized flavor requests for special events, fundraisers, weddings, and other events, subject to a minimum order. All specials requests require a 50% deposit with the balance due upon completion of your strudels.